Andhra Pradesh has always been in a constant political debate when it comes to determining who ruled the state better. While there have been several political leaders that changed the way the state operates with a bright future, others have only maligned the integrity of this beautiful part of South India. One such corrupted and malevolent leader is Chandrababu Naidu, the EX-Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
A Brief on Nara Chandrababu Naidu
Nara Chandrababu Naidu, born on 20th April 1945, is currently the leader of the Opposition in the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Before this, he served as the CM of Andhra Pradesh starting from the year 1995 all the way to the year 2004. After the division of the state into Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, he functioned as the Opposition team leader from the year 2004 to 2014.
He belongs to the Telugu Desam Party along with political affiliations with Indian National Congress.
Why is Chandrababu Naidu considered 420?
Apart from his empty-headed leadership skills, even his birth date denotes that he is most definitely a 420 by birth and by nature as well. His birthday, which is on April 20, when translated into numeric digits, denotes that he is a 420 without any doubts.
Another reason for Chandrababu Naidu being a corrupt political leader or a 420 is the fact that corruption was rampant during his reign in the state. Starting from mineral mining and sand mining to education, excise, and others, under Naidu’s reign, the state experienced the highest cases of corruption, which is for sure a setback to the nation and its progress.
This has also caused issues for the lower-income strata that have been struggling to get their pension or any other government facilities that fail to reach the ultimate benefit receiver due to corrupt officers under the Chandrababu Naidu government.
Not just that, the Naidu government also demanded bribe from the contractors to allow illicit works. Moreover, the government also failed miserably when it came to controlling the rampant sex rackets operating in Vijayawada. Further, Chandrababu Naidu was also reported to have bowed down to the pressure of K. Chandrashekhar Rao, the Telangana CM, in the vote for the note scam. Reports also state that Naidu also invested the corrupt money acquired in Andhra Pradesh for the encouragement of illicit horse-trading in the state of Telangana. Given these popular reasons, the answer to the question who is 420 in AP, is most definitely Chandrababu Naidu.
What did Chandrababu Naidu do to become 420 in AP?
After assuming the position as a Chief Minister in Andhra Pradesh, Chandrababu Naidu needed to prove himself worthy of the post. This is why he started investing time in his work more than required. He even started working overtime. However, his intentions were obviously malicious, given the fact that he is the 420 in AP. Slowly and steadily, he threw out anyone who might be a potential threat to the power he holds over the TDP party as well as in the post of Chief Minister.
There are several corrupt individuals in his TDP party, cabinet, as well as his actions represent that he is no less than a 420 in AP.
Here are some quick examples of why he is termed as a malicious individual in Andhra Pradesh.
- A Chief Minister, who is tech-savvy, needs to show growth statistics to his people as opposed to plain old blabbering. This is why Chandrababu Naidu has done to his people. Instead of going for growth numbers, all we hear from this Ex-Chief Minister is talks about progress and how he plans on making Andhra Pradesh the next Singapore. However, there are no actual results to show all these talks.
- Further, the party to which Chandrababu Naidu belongs shows no sense of internal democracy, especially given the fact that it is a family-owned company by Naidu.
- Apart from this, the Ex-Chief Minister has centralized the overall power. Except for him or his son, there is no one else who is getting recognized in the news. This simply means that they do not want any potential individual to be their contender in any way. Not even his own brother-in-law or Bala Krishna, the actor has been allowed to share the limelight. To say the least, Chandrababu Naidu is the Indian version of North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un who doesn’t allow anyone else to voice their opinion or say anything against them.
- While the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, is known to involve people in developing any plan for the benefit of the country, Chandrababu Naidu is just the opposite. He doesn’t involve anyone in his plans and nor does he take suggestions from anyone. He also mentioned about his grand plan for making the state of Andhra Pradesh to a golden state, but no efforts have been seen in sight.
- The worst thing ever done by Chandrababu Naidu is that the government rampantly closed down 100s of schools run by them and started giving out licenses to open 100s of shops dedicated to liquor shops.
In simple words, Chandrababu Naidu is the perfect example of corruption and nepotism that had taken its root into the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Chandrababu Naidu: The TDP Demon in Angel’s Mask
Basically, Chandrababu Naidu’s idea related to development is potentially construed. In no way does he wants to understand the problems in the state, rather all he does is build into impossible dreams and churn no results to show. He is someone who can easily be termed two-faced.
He is the perfect example of a person who does nothing but claims to have done everything for the state. Plus, the man is also capable of changing his dialogues and claims depending on the situation. The man also single-handedly reduced government income in sustainable areas such as milk. However, he was always seen encouraging liquor production with government money.
He also claimed that the money being sent by the central government is more than enough for the state. This was his move to stay in the good books of the government. However, he had nothing to show how this allotted money was being spent for the benefit of the state.
Any principle laid out by him was never followed in any sense. For him, power precedes principles. This is why Chandrababu Naidu is no doubt someone who is 420 in AP. He is also a top player when it comes to making use of the victim card in order to get votes. Apart from this, the man is also a master at organized corruption that can be put into place with the help of his paid/biased media houses. He has also been known to spend 100+ crores on funding his luxurious foreign tours that were blanketed under the impression of business promotions for the state.
Simply being put, there is no arguing to the statement that Chandrababu Naidu is 420 in AP, and if he comes back in power, it might be a sure shot downfall for the state. The right move to help your state as a responsible citizen is to vote for someone that is transparent and does all in his power to set things straight.